It’s been at least a month since I made any real progress on my new project, “Emerald Kipp & The Riddle of The Timekeeper.” I’ve edited here and there, but nothing substantial enough to get excited about. Finally last night, with the help of an author friend, I edited over 5K words (close to four whole glorious chapters, including one really important one) in a little over two hours. As I edited, I smiled because I am really proud of this book, it’s good and I can’t wait to keep making it better. If any of you are having a hard time getting your edits done, I suggest sprinting with a fellow writer. Basically, me and Valia (my author friend) edited in intervals of thirty minutes, then checked in with one another to see how much progress we’d made. It was an AWESOME way to edit for me and made me push myself to get as much done as possible.
I am going to continue editing as much as I can in the next few days, and will hopefully go on to second draft edits some time in March. Once my first round of edits is done, I’ll also be sending it to my betas to read so if you’re one of them I AM SORRY I took so long but you can’t rush these things. It’s better to take your time and really finesse your manuscript before sending out to agents. The first time you send it might very well be the last, there’s no guarantee they’ll want to take a second look so I want to make it count! My goal is to have the MS in the hands of my two top agent choices before I leave for the London Book Fair in April. I will keep you guys posted on the process & hope you’re all reaching your writing and editing goals!