If you’re an author looking for agent representation make sure you are following the #MSWL tag on twitter! There’s a new session coming up this Tuesday, July 28th. It’s also coinciding with an updated website launch which you can visit here: https://mswlparagraph.wordpress.com/
MSWL stands for Manuscript Wish List and this is how it works:
- Agent/editor Tweets type of MS they’re looking for, followed by the tag #MSWL.
- You find a tweet which mentions a MS similar to yours, send to said agent (following their submission guidelines) and mention you saw it on #MSWL!
- If you don’t have a finished manuscript do not send! If you’re close to finishing you can send to the agent in the near-future with a note about #MSWL (Like: “I saw your tweet calling for XYZ on #MSWL last month but I had yet to polish my manuscript at the time. I was hoping you were still looking for XYZ as I have a project I think matches well with your request,” OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT).
- Make sure you don’t pitch anyone using the #MSWL tag! It’s for agents and editors ONLY. You should be silently watching them, like writer ninjas.
- Follow their submission guidelines! If they don’t state it on their Twitter timeline today, find their agency website and they should be there. #MSWL doesn’t preclude you from the rules man.
A helpful graphic guide for #MSWL participants: