The submission window is coming up next week and there is a lot of excitement among prospective mentees to get their submissions ready to submit to 4 lucky mentors. There is the opportunity to get 2 extra entries by donating $20 to PitchWars .
This is the main thing we’d like to talk about. We believe that donating to PitchWars is key to keep such a great contest running. We also know that not everyone can afford to donate. So, we created this Scholarship fund. A Scholarship for Pitch contests…a ScholarPITCH if you will.
- This is a small contest and the rules are decided by Claribel and Kat. They will personally read each entry and have final decision on winners.
- The contest is open now until August 1, 2016. If volume of applications becomes too large to read through before deadline, entry submission will be closed sooner due to time constraints of two authors with revisions and WiPs of their own to get through. If that happens, it will be announced at www.ClaribelOrtega.com and Twitter via @Claribel_Ortega and @KatCho
- Any POC, Native Authors or LGBTQIA planning to enter Pitch Wars may enter. There are no restrictions on genre. (preference will be given to ownvoices)
- We reserve the right to disqualify anyone from the contest for any reason.
- Prizes are not transferrable. Please alert one of us if you decide not to enter PitchWars and we will reserve the right to choose a replacement winner.
- If you already have donated $20 then, unfortunately, you cannot enter. We will not be providing cash directly as a post-reimbursement. It will be donated directly to Pitchwars in your name.
- If we don’t get 10 viable entries, we reserve the right to not award some or all of the prizes.
- Your entry will remain private. We will not be posting any part of your entry and we will not be publicly announcing winners.